Tuesday 23 April 2013

Venice












    
More of the Gran Canal glittering in the evening sun. I'm quite fascinated by this effect. In this photo selection old meets new and we are back to the present day reality of Venice. Gondola as a pass-time getting in the way of modern traffick.


I felt both pictures while capturing a similar moment are quite different in their atmosphere and I could not quite make up my mind which one to chose. So I thought I share both. What do you think? Any preferences?

8 comments:

writing and living by Richard P Hughes said...

I prefer the bottom photo. It has an interesting story element to it: the line of gondolas suggest something extra. This would make an excellent book cover.

messymimi said...

The second one has a soothing effect to me.

Crista said...

Não dá para escolher...ambas são divinamente maravilhosas!!!!

Dee said...

I like the second one...it captures the feel of being on the canal.

EG CameraGirl said...

Such pretty light!

Adullamite said...

The second one wins. The first has a bit too much reflected sun, which is a shame, otherwise it is good. Considering the sun reflecting like that these are very good pictures. Be proud lass!

Angelikas Photographic Sketchbook said...

Thank you for your comments. That's very helpful and inspiring. As a photographer I sometimes find it difficult to make up my mind and pick "the one" photo. And it can be so inspiring to look at my pictures through somebody else's eyes.

JJ said...

I prefer the first photo. it highlights the perspective between the buildings and the canal.